These Freelancer Tips came from Collective Chemistry where I was a contributing member when I first arrived in Seattle.
1. Don’t underestimate your current skills.
2. The moment you become uncomfortable is the moment you start to grow.
3. Word-of-mouth, on its own, is not a marketing strategy.
4. “…people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” — Leonardo da Vinci
5. If you want to manage and grow a successful freelance business over the long run, you have to reinvent yourself, your services, and your vision.
6. The first step of change is to become aware of your own BS.
7. Masters do not do 4,000 things. They do a few things 4,000 times.
8. “Success is doing what you want, where you want, when you want and with whom you want, as much as you want.”
9. Understand your most valuable asset: time.
10. Failure is just feedback.